PLEASE NOTE: The All Campus Picnic will be on Cougar Way this year.
Please carefully read and follow these instructions to ensure a successful event:
- Set-up for the picnic begins no earlier than 9:00 a.m. on August 17. Upon arrival please check-in with a New Student Programs staff member by the vendor drop off.
- There will be an unloading zone for vendors to drop items off on Flag Lane (east of Cougar Way). NO UNLOADING OR STOPPING MAY TAKE PLACE ON STADIUM WAY.The official picnic start time is 11:00 a.m.; we encourage everyone to be set-up and ready to go by 10:30 a.m.
- Each vendor will be provided one 3′ x 8′ table and two chairs. There will be no table assignments; tables will be available on a first-come first-served basis. If you are planning to have a table next to another group, please make sure to arrive early to accommodate that need.
- Please keep the tables in their original formations and refrain from staking things, such as tents, into the ground in order to minimize our impact on the facility.
- The event lasts until approximately 1:30 p.m. and all tables must remain set -up until that time.
This is a “Zero Waste” event which means that everyone involved on the WSU Campus strives to actively maximize recyclable and compostable materials and minimize the amount of garbage that will ultimately end up in a landfill. We appreciate your partnership to help us achieve an environmentally friendly and sustainable event by following these guidelines:
- It is very important that all recyclables and garbage makes it to the properly designated areas.
- We encourage you to adopt a “pack it in and pack it out” mentality – if at the end of the event you have leftover materials, trash, cardboard, etc. please take those items with you.
- We strongly discourage handing out flyers or items that may end up discarded on the ground.
- If you are giving away prizes please keep in mind that this is a “Zero Waste” event and do not give away items wrapped in packaging or cellophane.